5 Days Scenic Tanzania safari with Wildebeest Migration Safari in Serengeti and Ngorongoro
Day 1: After breakfasts depart Moshi for Lake Manyara
This park is very spectacular, regardless of direction. When you approach it from the east, the Rift valley escarpment looms on the horizon, forming an impressive backdrop to the lake. If you come from the west and pause at the top of the escarpment, the park lies in a green strip below you, the lake glistering in the sunlight.
- Morning game drive in Lake Manyara park
- Picnic lunch at noontime in the park
- Afternoon game drive in the park
- Dinner and overnight at Twiga campsite/lodge.
Day 2: Transfer to Serengeti National Park
The park is teaming with stunning wildlife and it is thought that over 3 million large mammals roam the plans, The extensive grasslands are interspersed with kopjes which are rodey outcrops like islands in the flat plain each with its own wildlife communities.
- Picnic lunch enroute
- Evening game drive around Seronera area
- Dinner and overnight at Seronera campsite/lodge.
Day 3: Sunrise adventure in Serengeti.
It is the migration for which Serengeti is perhaps most famous. Over 1.5 million wildebeests and about 400,000 zebras take part in this migration which essentially involves three famous and important conservation areas – Serengeti and Ngorongoro in Tanzania and the Masai Mara reserve in Kenya. It is a clockwise migratory movement during which sequence, the animals start arriving at the eastern Serengeti short grass plains in late November – December, where calving of the wildebeests takes place. At the end of the long rains, the migration hends westwards and then turns north to reach Masai Mara reserve in late August – September.
- Picnic at the campsite/lodge
- Tranfer to Ngorongoro conservation area
- Dinner and overnight at Simba camlsite/lodge.
Day 4: Morning sunrise adventure at the crater floor.
Situated at 2200 m above sea level, the campsite is very cold and we, therefore, advise you to take warm jackets with you for your comfortable stay there, Ngorongoro crater is the 8th wonder of the world and home to a spectacular concentration of wildlife, It hosts approximately 30,000 large mammals, including large herds of buffalos, wildebeests, elands, hartebeests, elephants, hippos, lions and the endangered black rhino.
- Lunch at the picnic site
- Afternoon game drives at the crater floor.
- Later afternoon transfer to Ngorongoro Resort Camp.
- Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Resort Camp.
Day 5: Transfer to Moshi/Arusha
It is about 5 hrs driving form Ngorongoro Resort Camp to Moshi. The road passes near the northern gate of Lake Manyara Naitonal Park, and crosses through the Rift Valley. On the way back you will have a short walking safari at Mto wa Mbu Village.
- Lunch at Fig Tree campsite/lodge
- Drive back to Moshi/Arusha. End of Safari.
- Park entry fees,
- Lodge accommodation,
- Crater service,
- Safari jeep (Land Rover or Toyota Land cruiser with open roof for game viewing),
- Air condition,
- Cooler box,
- Drinking water and food (three meals a day from the lodges).
- Accommodation before and after safari