3 Days Safari Lake Manyara & Ngorongoro Crater
Day 1: After breakfast transfer to Ngorongoro.
It is about 5 hrs drive from Moshi to Ngorongoro Crater. The road to Ngorongoro from Arusha crosses the Rift Valley and passes near the northern gate of Lake Manyara National Park.
- Picnic lunch at the crater floor.
- Afternoon game drive at the crater floor.
The animals are not trapped, here, but there are some migratory movements in and out of the crater. Because of the protected nature of the habitat and the and water, much of the availability of grazing pasture and water, much of the animal population remains resident throughout the year. This makes Ngorongoro an ideal place for game viewing. Several lion prides and some of the last surviving rhinos are to be found here.
Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro campsite/lodge
Day 2: After breakfast drive to crater floor.
Morning game drive at the crater floor.
Ngorongoro Crater is the 8th wonder of the world. The crater being 12 miles wide, 2000 feet deep and covering on area of 102 square miles, it is the largest intact volcanic crater or earth and home to a spectacular concentration of wildlife.
- Picnic lunch at noontime at viewpoint
- Drive back to Lake Manyara park.
- Dinner and overnight at tree camp/lodge.
Day 3: Morning drive in Lake Manyara Park.
The park is located between the 600m high escarpment of the Rift Valley and Lake Manyara. Driving across the valley, on can see giraffes and often a variety of other plains dwellers such as wildebeests, zebras and ostriches. Further south from the entrance gate, he forest opens up into woodlands grasslands and swamps which eventually give way to the sods Lake itself. At the southern end of the park are hot sulphur springs called Majimoto in Swahili. The park is well famous for its tree climbing lions.
- Picnic Lunch at the Lake shore with a view of the hypos.
- Drive back to Moshi/Arusha.
- Park entry fees,
- Lodge accommodation,
- Crater service,
- Safari jeep (Land Rover or Toyota Land cruiser with open roof for game viewing),
- Air condition,
- Cooler box,
- Drinking water and food (three meals a day from the lodges).
- Accommodation before and after safari