7 Days Safari Lake Manyara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro, Tarangire, Arusha
Day 1: After breakfast depart Moshi for Lake Manyara Park.
Your first view as you approach Lake Manyara National Park is quite spectacular, regardless of direction. Where you approach it from the east, the Rift Valley escarpment looms on this horizon forming on impressive backdrop to the lake. If you come from the west and pause at this top of the escarpment, the park lies in a green strip below you, the lake glistering in the sunlight.
- Morning game drive in Lake Manyara park
- Picnic lunch at the lakeshore with a view of the hippos
- Afternoon game drive in the park.
- Dinner and overnight at Manyara lodge/Twiga Campsite
Day 2: After breakfast transfer to Serengeti.
It is thought that over 3 million large mammals roam the plains of Serengeti National Park. These extensive grassland are interspersed with kopjes , each with its own wildlife communities.
- Picnic lunch enroute
- Evening game drive around Seronera Area
- Dinner and overnight at Seronera Lodge/campsite.
Day 3: Sunrise adventure to the western corridor (full day)
Much of the western vegetation in this area is of wooded, grassland type inhabited by woodland dwelling mammals like the topis, hartebeests, elephants, impalas, and many others. Here you will also have good chance of seeing huge crocodiles which inhabits the Grumeti river, and some black and white colobus monkeys utilizing the reparian habitat of the same river.
- Picnic lunch in the park
- Evening drive back to Seronera
- Dinner and overnight at Seronera Lodge/Campsite.
Day 4: Morning game drive in Serengeti.
Much concentration is focused on the Serengeti plains where there are high probabilities of spotting some cheetahs and brides of lions lying on the top of kopjes as their advantage points.
- Picnic lunch in the park
- Afternoon dransfer to Ngorongoro Conservation Area
- Game drive at the Crater floor.
- Dinner and overnight at Simba campsite/Lodge
Day 5: Early morning half day crater tour.
The crater hosts an estimated 30,000 large mammals on its floor. It is the 8th wonder of the world. The crater being 12 miles wide, 2000 feet deep and covering an area of 102 square miles, it is the largest intact volcanic crater on earth.
- Lunch at lodge/Campsite
- Afternoon transfer to Ngorongoro resort camp/lodge (Karatu)
- Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Resort camp/lodge.
ALTERNATIVE (For Day 4 and Day 5)
Day 4: Morning game drive in the Serengeti plains
- Picnic lunch in the park.
- Afternoon game drive in the plains (continued)
- Evening transfer to Ngorongoro
- Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Resort camp/Lodge.
Day 5: Morning and afternoon game drive at the crater floor.
Evening transfer to Ngorongoro Resort camo/lodge.
Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Resort camp/Lodge
Day 6: Afternoon transfer to Tarangire National Park
It is the number of baobabs that first capture the eye as you enter Tarangire National Park. The gently rolling countryside is dotted with these majestic trees, which seem to dwarf the animals that feed beneath them. The park is very spectacular in the dry season when many of the migratory wildlife species have come back to the permanent water of Tarangire River.
Morning gamedrive in Lake Burungi circuit.
A tour in the area offers you an assurance of seeing large flocks of Flamingos and other aquatic birds in Lake Burungi as well as an isolated population of oryx resident to the area. (What about lunch?)
Afternoon game drives along Tarangire River.
Game drive along the river will offer you the opportunity of seeing huge herds of wildebeests, zebras, elephants, impalas, elands and many others which have come to the river to drink water. These animals will continue staying in the park until the onset of the rainy season when they start moving out of the park again.
Dinner and overnight at a Lodge/campsite.
Day 7: After early breakfast, transfer to Arusha National Park for a half day tour.
After picnic lunch at a view point, the rest of the day is spent for game viewing, The tour covers various aquatic habitats including Momella Lakes and swamps, Ngurdoto crater and several open glades.
Return to Moshi/Arusha for overnight
End of Safari.
- Park entry fees,
- Lodge accommodation,
- Crater service,
- Safari jeep (Land Rover or Toyota Land cruiser with open roof for game viewing),
- Air condition,
- Cooler box,
- Drinking water and food (three meals a day from the lodges).
- Accommodation before and after safari